Intro to Engaging Communitiesin Democracy Toolkit
The You Me & MPs Toolkit is designed to support and enhance engagement between culturally and linguistically diverse and faith communities, the Parliament of Victoria (POV) and local Members of Parliament (MPs).
This Toolkit was conceived, designed and delivered under the guidance of the Engaging Communities in Democracy (ECD) Project Advisory Committee. It is based on the lived experiences of people in the Eastern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne (EMR) together with feedback provided by local MPs and Electorate Officers.
The Toolkit is a key outcome of the Engaging Communities in Democracy Project.
Learn How To Engage and Interact Confidently With Your Local Parliamentary Representatives
The toolkit includes:
- Animated video, “You, Me and MPs” [full edition].
- Animated video, “You, Me and MPs” in three short parts, “What is an MP”, “What does an MP do” and “How can MPs help you?”
- Video, Introduction to the Engaging Communities in Democracy Project by Dilnaz Billimoria.
- A Glossary of commonly used terms.
- A series of stories from local community members and electorate staff about their experiences accessing and working in State Parliament.
- A poster for Electorate Offices and other community organisations that direct community members to the Toolkit.
- Social media and promotion copy that you can use to share the Toolkit.